One bridge enables the movement of assets between two different blockchains through Locking/Vault, Release/Vault, Minting, and Burning contracts that exist on each blockchain. For example, suppose you send an Ethereum asset, 'ABC', to the Klaytn network. The 'ABC' asset is first sent to Ethereum's Locking contract and as soon as verification is complete, it is then passed to the Minting contract of the Klaytn Blockchain. Afterwards, a new 'ABC' token is issued in Klaytn, corresponding to the assets locked to Ethereum, by a set of validators verifying the Minting contract.
Please note that Terra does not have a token Minting function, so you can move your assets to a heterogenous chain, but you cannot receive assets from other chains. We are planning future support dependent on Terra's smart contract module support.
The transactions of Orbit Bride have some additional processes within the basic Standard process depending on which From and To chain.
- Origin Chain -> Destination Chain
- Destination Chain -> Origin Chain
- Destination Chain -> Destination Chain
- 1.[ User ] Execute transaction in FROM chain
- 2.[ Operator ] Relay FROM Chain transaction data to OrbitHub.
- 3.[ Validator ] Verify FROM chain transaction data and sign verification to each governance
- 4.[ Operator ] Suggest TO chain transaction parameter and data to OrbitHub
- 5.[ Validator ] Verify TO chain transaction parameter and data to BridgeContract
- 6.[ Validator ] Sign selected TO chain transaction object to BridgeContract
- 7.[ Operator ] Assemble validators-signed transaction data and execute on TO chain